The JSON flat file destination creates a generic JSON file.
Adding a Destination #
- In the main window of the Designer, navigate to Server > Manage Destinations. The window “Manage Destinations” opens.
- Click [Add] to create a new destination. The window “Destination Details” opens.
- Enter a Name for the destination.
- Select the destination Type from the drop-down menu.
Destination Details #
File output path
Enter the directory to save the destination flat files in. If the entered folder does not exist, a new folder is created.
Note: To write flat files to a network drive, you need to:
- Enter the File output path in UNC format e.g.,
- Run the Xtract Universal service by a user with write permission to the directory.
Checking the extraction result #
- Check the previously defined directory for saving JSON flat files.
- Open the JSON flat file with an editor of your choice.