Creating an Extraction #
The following example shows the creation of an extraction using “SAP Table or View” component.
- In the main window of the Xtract Universal Designer click [New].
The window “Create Extraction” opens.
- Field Source (1) states the SAP connection. Choose the SAP connection you created previously from the drop-down menu (1).
- Enter a unique name for your extraction (2).
- Choose the type of extraction. In the given example: SAP Table or View (3).
- Click [OK] (4) to confirm.
The window “Extract Single and Joint SAP Tables or Views” opens.
In this window you can define simple table extractions or join tables for extractions. In the following example, a single table is extracted.
Look up a Table #
- Within the main window “Extract Single and Joint SAP Tables or Views” click [Add] to add a table.
The window “Table Lookup” opens.
- In the field Table name (1) enter the name of the table to extract.
- Click [Search] ( icon) (2). Search results appear in the preview window.
- Select the desired table (3) and click [OK] (4).
Tip: Wildcard such as * are supported. Make sure to place them after the name of the searched item.
The application now returns to the main window “Extract Single and Joint SAP Tables or Views”.
All relevant metadata information of the table retrieved from SAP are displayed in the subsection Fields.
|Number||Element / Description|
|1||Field selection, filtering|
|3||Conversion Routine - Conversion routines stored in the Data Dictionary for the respective fields of the table.|
|4||Preview window, result of the conversion|
Filtering table fields #
You can select either all or only individual columns for extraction. All columns are automatically selected for table extraction. Deselect the ones you don’t wish to extract.
Click the header fields to sort the columns by name or description. To search for a certain column name or description, start typing the word in the filter boxes.
Using live preview #
- Click [Load live preview] to load 100 records for preview.
- Click [OK] to confirm and save the extraction in the repository, i.e. on the server.