The following section describes the functions of the Report component of Xtract Universal.
The Report component enables data extraction from most standard and custom ABAP reports and SAP transactions.
In general report extraction is possible if the report returns a table-like structure in SAP.
Note: The Report component requires installation of the custom function module
Z_XTRACT_IS_REMOTE_REPORT in your SAP system. As of
Z_XTRACT_IS_REMOTE_REPORT version 1.2 access to reports must be explicitly granted. For more information, see Install Report Custom Fuction Module.
Warning! Missing Authorization To use the Report component, access to the designated authority objects (RFC) in SAP must be available. For more information, see the knowledge base article on SAP User Rights: Report.
Tip: To get information on the basics of Xtract Universal, refer to Getting Started with Xtract Universal.
How to use the Report component #
- Create a new extraction by clicking [New] in the main window of the Designer. The window “Create Extraction” opens.
- Select an SAP connection from the drop-down menu in Source and enter a unique name for your extraction.
- Select the extraction type and click [OK] to confirm. The extraction is now listed in the main window of the Designer.
- Select the extraction and click [Destination] to assign a destination to the extraction.
For information on how to create destinations, see Loading an Extraction into a Database.
- Double click the extraction to open the main window of the component.
The majority of the functions of the component can be accessed using the main window.
General Workflow #
More information on working with the Report component is provided in the following sections: