The following section describes the functions of the Report component of Xtract Universal.
The Report component enables data extraction from most standard and custom ABAP reports and SAP transactions. In general report extraction is possible if the report returns a table-like structure in SAP. This is the case for many Classical or ALV reports such as RLT10010 (Evaluation of Movements per Storage type) or RKEB0601 (Display Line Items).
Note: The Report component requires installation of the custom function module
Z_XTRACT_IS_REMOTE_REPORT in your SAP system. For detailed information, see Install Report Custom Fuction Module.
Tip: To get information on the basics of Xtract Universal, refer to Getting Started with Xtract Universal.
How to use the Report component #
- Create a new extraction by clicking [New] in the main window of the Designer. The window “Create Extraction” opens.
- Select an SAP connection from the drop-down menu in Source and enter a unique name for your extraction.
- Select the extraction type and click [OK] to confirm. The extraction is now listed in the main window of the Designer.
- Select the extraction and click [Destination] to assign a destination to the extraction.
For information on how to create destinations, see Loading an Extraction into a Database.
- Double click the extraction to open the main window of the component.
The majority of the functions of the component can be accessed using the main window.
More information on working with the Report component is provided in the following sections.