The following section describes the functions of the Report component of Xtract Universal.
The Report component enables data extraction from most standard and custom ABAP reports and SAP transactions. In general report extraction is possible if the report returns a table-like structure in SAP. This is the case for many Classical or ALV reports such as RLT10010 (Evaluation of Movements per Storage type) or RKEB0601 (Display Line Items).
Note: The Report component requires installation of the custom function module
Z_XTRACT_IS_REMOTE_REPORT in your SAP system. For detailed information, see Install Report Custom Fuction Module.
Warning! Missing Authorization To use the Report component, access to the designated authority objects (RFC) in SAP must be available. For more information, see the knowledge base article on SAP User Rights: Report.
Tip: To get information on the basics of Xtract Universal, refer to Getting Started with Xtract Universal.
How to use the Report component #
- Create a new extraction by clicking [New] in the main window of the Designer. The window “Create Extraction” opens.
- Select an SAP connection from the drop-down menu in Source and enter a unique name for your extraction.
- Select the extraction type and click [OK] to confirm. The extraction is now listed in the main window of the Designer.
- Select the extraction and click [Destination] to assign a destination to the extraction.
For information on how to create destinations, see Loading an Extraction into a Database.
- Double click the extraction to open the main window of the component.
The majority of the functions of the component can be accessed using the main window.
General Workflow for Creating a Report Extraction #
The following steps describe the most simple workflow for creating a report extraction. Further tweaking may be required, see below.
When creating a new report extraction, start by executing the report in SAP. Know the selections or variants when executing the report. Format the report layout/output in a way that it returns a table-like structure. Save the layout as a variant if possible.
- In the Report component, look up the ABAP report or transaction you want to extract, see Look Up a Report or Transaction.
- Select a variant or manually enter selections in the Selection Screen, see Variants and Selections.
- Detect the report columns automatically. If the columns are detected, column name, width and offset are listed in the columns section, see Define Columns automatically.
- If step 3 returns a single field, the report columns can not be detected automatically. Set the report columns manually, see Define Columns manually.
More information on working with the Report component is provided in the following sections: