Welcome to the Online Help for Xtract Universal.
Xtract Universal is an SAP Connector for data extraction from SAP to various target environments. The extracted data can than be further processed e.g., in the context of business intelligence, data integration and data analytics.
Available Components #
Xtract Universal offers a set of nine extraction types to cover a range of demands of SAP data extraction. The following overview shows, which components are available to extract data from SAP systems.
- BAPI accesses BAPIs and RFC function modules.
- BW Cube extracts data from SAP BW InfoCubes and BEx Queries.
- BW Hierarchy extracts Hierarchies from an SAP BW / BI system.
- DeltaQ extracts DataSources (OLTP) and extractors from ERP and ECC systems.
- ODP extracts data via the SAP Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) framework.
- Open Hub Services (OHS) extracts InfoSpokes and OHS destinations.
- Query extracts ERP queries. Note: not BEx queries supplied by BW Cube.
- Report extracts ABAP Reports.
- Table extracts data from SAP tables and views; allows joining several tables on the SAP side.
- TableCDC extracts delta content from SAP tables and views.
Common scenarios when using the components depend on the type of the SAP source system:
Note: Further scenarios and combinations are possible.
More information on functions of Xtract Universal is provided in the following sections:
Introduction to Xtract Universal
Getting Started with Xtract Universal
Execute and Automate Extractions
ODP (Operational Data Provisioning)