The report component requires the installation of a custom function module in your SAP system.
Installation with an SAP transport #
Installation of the function module using the transport request thtrans.zip supplied.
The transport request is located in the following installation directory
Manual installation of function module Z_XTRACT_IS_REMOTE_REPORT #
- Call transaction SE80 - Object Navigator to create a new function group, e.g. ZXTRACT
- Call transaction SE37 to create a new function module. The name should be Z_XTRACT_IS_REMOTE_REPORT, but can be changed if necessary.
- Set the Processing Type of the module to Remote-Enabled Module (remote-enabled).
- Create the module signature according to the following screenshots.
- Copy the source code with [Ctrl+C] and [Ctrl+V] from the file
C:\Program Files\[Xtract Product]\ABAP\Z_XTRACT_IS_REMOTE_REPORT.txtinto the code editor - tab Source Code.
- Save and activate the module.
Tip: The functionality of the module Z_XTRACT_IS_REMOTE_REPORT can be understood from reading the source code. All steps for execution, job monitoring and spool retrieval are commented in the source code.
SAP Standard Data Type TAB512 #
Instead of using the SAP standard data type TAB512 for the LIST_OUTPUT table parameter, you can create your own Z data type.
This is necessary if the output length of a report line is more than 512 characters. The maximum possible length is 1023 characters.
Note: The exception LIST_FROM_MEMORY_NOT_FOUND is thrown if the report does not return a result.