The following section describes the functions of the Query component of Xtract Universal.
Tip: To get information on the basics of Xtract Universal, refer to Getting Started with Xtract Universal.
Note: The Query component refers to queries that can be created by the SAP transactions SQ02 and SQ01.
If you want to use a BW Query as a data source, see BW InfoCubes and BExQueries.
How to use the SAP Query component #
- Create a new extraction by clicking [New] in the main window of the Designer. The window “Create Extraction” opens.
- Select an SAP connection from the drop-down menu in Source and enter a unique name for your extraction.
- Select the extraction type and click [OK] to confirm. The extraction is now listed in the main window of the Designer.
- Select the extraction and click [Destination] to assign a destination to the extraction.
For information on how to create destinations, see Loading an Extraction into a Database.
- Double click the extraction to open the main window of the component.
The majority of the functions of the component can be accessed using the main window.
More information on working with the SAP Query component is provided in the following sections.