The following section describes the functions of the OHS component of Xtract Universal.
Warning! Missing Authorization To use the OHS component, access to the designated authority objects (RFC) in SAP must be available. For more information, see the knowledge base article on SAP User Rights: OHS.
Tip: To get information on the basics of Xtract Universal, refer to Getting Started with Xtract Universal.
To use data sources you need to configurate SAP BW, see Customizing for OHS in BW.
How to use the OHS component #
- Create a new extraction by clicking [New] in the main window of the Designer. The window “Create Extraction” opens.
- Select an SAP connection from the drop-down menu in Source and enter a unique name for your extraction.
- Select the extraction type and click [OK] to confirm. The extraction is now listed in the main window of the Designer.
- Select the extraction and click [Destination] to assign a destination to the extraction.
For information on how to create destinations, see Loading an Extraction into a Database.
- Double click the extraction to open the main window of the component.
The majority of the functions of the component can be accessed using the main window.
More information on working with the OHS component is provided in the following sections.