Supported SAP Systems and Releases #
The following SAP Systems are supported:
- All SAP ABAP based systems that provide RFC connectivity are supported. All communication with SAP is performed via the RFC protocol.
- SAP ABAP Systems on any database (including HANA) are supported. The database used by the SAP system is irrelevant, because the integration occurs at SAP application server level.
- SAP Systems running on Big Endian and Little Endian hardware are supported.
- SAP industry solutions like IS-U, IS-R, etc. are supported.
- SAP Releases 4.6C and newer are supported.
- All operating systems are supported.
Examples: SAP S/4HANA, mySAP, SAP Application Server ABAP, Message Server, Router, Standalone Gateway, SAP Business Suite 7 (CRM, SRM, SCM etc.), SAP Business All in One, CAR, APO, PI, SAP BW 3.1 and later, SAP BW/BI 7.x, SAP ERP / ECC 5.0 / ECC 6.0 (including all EhPs), SAP R/3 Version 4.6C and later, SAP BW/4HANA and more.
Disclaimer: While SAP versions that are no longer supported by SAP still work with Theobald Software products, they are excluded from the Theobald Software support service.
Not supported SAP Systems #
The following SAP Systems are not supported:
- SAP systems that don’t run on ABAP systems
- SAP systems that don’t provide RFC connectivity.
Examples: SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition, Business By Design, Business One, Business Objects, Sybase, Ariba, Success Factors, Concur
HANA Database #
You can use Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) to connect the SAP HANA database of an SAP ABAP source system. Communication is done via RFC. With the ODP context for SAP HANA (HANA) the following HANA View types are available for extracting:
- Analysis Views
- Calculation Views
- Associated Attribute Views
Direct access to a HANA database without an SAP ABAP source system running on the corresponding HANA database is not supported.
Installation and Configuration on SAP #
|Component||SAP Release||Requirements on the SAP system|
|Table||Rel. > 4.6C||Installation of a custom function module /THEO/READ_TABLE is recommended.|
|BAPI & Function Module||Rel. > 4.6C||No requirements. Note: Only remote-enabled functions are supported.|
|Query||Rel. > 4.6C||No requirements.|
|Report||Rel. > 4.6C||Installation of a custom function module Z_XTRACT_IS_REMOTE_REPORT is necessary.|
|BW Cube & InfoProvider||Rel. > BW 3.1||No requirements.|
|BW Query||Rel. > BW 3.1||No requirements. Note: “Allow External Access to this Query” option is active.|
|Hierarchy||Rel. > BW 3.1||No requirements.|
|ODP||SAP_BASIS >= 730, BW >= 7,3X||No requirements.|
|DeltaQ||Rel. > 4.6C||Customizing required, see Customizing for DeltaQ.|
|OHS||Rel. > BW 3.5||Customizing required, see Customizing for OHS in BW.|
|Table CDC||Rel. 7.4 or above||Installation of a custom function modules is necessary, see Table CDC Requirements.|
For Information about the installation of the custom function modules and the SAP customizing, check the section SAP customizing.
SAP Authentication #
- SAP user authentication (user name and password)
- SAP authentication with Single Sign On (SSO) and kerberos
- SAP Logon Ticket (via SAP Ticket Issuer) is also in some products available.
- SAP system or dialog user with appropriate authority objects.
Following ports have to be opened depending on the SAP system, where nn is the instance number of the SAP system (e.g. 00 or 99).
- SAP Application Server: Port 33nn
- SAP Message Server (Load Balancing): Port 36nn
- Secure Network Communications (SNC): Port 48nn
- SAP Router: Port 3299
SAP Licenses #
Additional SAP licenses might be required for extracting data from SAP. Contact SAP to verify these requirements.
Operating Systems #
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows 8.1 (until 10.01.2023)
- Windows Server 2016 (until 12.01.2027)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (until 10.10.2023)
- Windows Server 2012 (until 10.10.2023)
Other Applications and Frameworks #
Hardware Requirements #
- Minimum: 2 Cores. 1 additional core is required for each additional parallel extraction.
- Minimum: processor: 1.4 GHz, recommended: 2.0 GHz or faster.
- Minimum: 8 GB, recommended: 12 GB for up to two parallel extractions.
4 GB dedicated memory in average for each additional parallel extraction. Check the exact storage requirements of an extraction in your scenario.
For the installation 150 MB disk space is required. When using specific destinations additional disc space may be required.
The product can be installed on 64-Bit operating systems only.
The product supports a display resolution of min. 1920x1080x1.25 with 1.25 representing the display scaling.
Note: For more information on the processing of parallel extractions, see Run parallel Extractions.
To use the different Destinations, an appropriate driver or library can be required. More information can be found under the requirements section of each destination.
Additional disk space may be required when using specific destinations (e.g. Alteryx, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, KNIME).