The following section describes the functions of the BW Cube component of Xtract for Alteryx.
The Xtract Cube component for Alteryx BW Cube data source can be used to extract data from SAP BW InfoProviders (e.g., Cubes) or Queries and process it further in Alteryx.
Tip: To get information on the basics of Xtract for Alteryx, refer to Getting Started with Xtract for Alteryx.
How to use the BW Cube component #
- Drag & drop the “Xtract BW Cube” component to your Alteryx workflow.
- Select an SAP connection, navigate to Selected Extraction and click [Edit]. The main window of the component opens.
The majority of the functions of the component can be accessed using the main window.
Functions overview #
The main window of the BW Cube component consists of two subsections and several buttons:
- Cube or Query
Cube or Query
Within the subsection Cube or Query you can search for a Query or a BW Cube / InfoProvider using [Search] (magnifying glas icon). The Key Figures, Dimensions and Properties that can be selected for the output are displayed in this subsection.
The Preview subsection displays the content of the selected Query or a BW Cube / InfoProvider when clicking the [Load Live Preview] button.
- [Extraction Settings] opens the extraction specific settings e.g., Package Size, Row Limit or Automatic Slicing Dimension.
- [Load live preview] loads a preview of a Query or a BW Cube / InfoProvider.
- [Show MDX] displays the MDX statement generated for the selection, which will be executed at run-time on the BW system. When the access to BW system is available, you can additionally use the transaction MDXTEST to run the MDX statement.
- [Edit Variables] allows defining variables.
More information on working with the Cube component is provided in the following sections.