Welcome to the Online Help of Xtract for Alteryx.
Xtract for Alteryx is a plug-in for Alteryx Designer and Server. Xtract for Alteryx enables integrating data from the SAP system into the data flow of your Alteryx solution.
Available Components #
Tip: For a short introduction into the product, see Getting Started with Alteryx.
Extraction Types #
The following extraction types are available within Xtract for Alteryx:
- Xtract BAPI - calls BAPIs and RFC function modules and can be used for read and write access to SAP.
- Xtract Cube - extracts data from BW Queries and BW Cubes, MultiProviders and other InfoProviders.
- Xtract Hierarchy - extracts hierarchies from SAP BW systems.
- Xtract ODP - extracts data from DataSources, CDS views, BW objects, and HANA Views using Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) framework.
- Xtract Query - extracts ERP queries. Note: not BEx queries supplied by Xtract Cube.
- Xtract Report - extracts data from most standard and custom ABAP reports and SAP transactions.
- Xtract Table - extracts data from SAP tables and views; allows joining several tables on the SAP side.
Note: An SAP Connection is a requirement for using any of Xtract for Alteryx components.
Depending on the type of SAP source system, there are different scenarios when using the components: The overview below shows you for which component read (R) and write (W) rights are available.
Note: Further scenarios and combinations are possible.
More information on functions of Xtract for Alteryx is provided in the following sections: