Supported SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) Versions #
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2014 SP3 (until 2024-07-09)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2016 SP2 (until 2026-07-14)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2017 (until 2027-10-12)
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) 2019 (until 2030-01-08)
For development: SQL Server Data Tools are required to create SSIS packages. Use the related SSDT for the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) version you are using.
Check the Microsoft Help for details.
The version of the SQL Server Database used in SSIS to read or write data can differ from the version of the SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) version, it means one can use e.g., SSIS version 2019 to write data to SQL Server Database version 2014.
Supported SAP Systems and Releases #
The following SAP Systems are supported:
- All SAP ABAP based systems that provide RFC connectivity are supported. All communication with SAP is performed via the RFC protocol.
- SAP ABAP Systems on any database (including HANA) are supported. The database used by the SAP system is irrelevant, because the integration occurs at SAP application server level.
- SAP Systems running on Big Endian and Little Endian hardware are supported.
- SAP industry solutions like IS-U, IS-R, etc. are supported.
- SAP Releases 4.6C and newer are supported.
- All operating systems are supported.
Examples: SAP S/4HANA, mySAP, SAP Application Server ABAP, Message Server, Router, Standalone Gateway, SAP Business Suite 7 (CRM, SRM, SCM etc.), SAP Business All in One, CAR, APO, PI, SAP BW 3.1 and later, SAP BW/BI 7.x, SAP ERP / ECC 5.0 / ECC 6.0 (including all EhPs), SAP R/3 Version 4.6C and later, SAP BW/4HANA and more.
Disclaimer: While SAP versions that are no longer supported by SAP still work with Theobald Software products, they are excluded from the Theobald Software support service.
Not supported SAP Systems #
The following SAP Systems are not supported:
- SAP systems that don’t run on ABAP systems
- SAP systems that don’t provide RFC connectivity.
Examples: SAP S/4HANA Cloud Essentials Edition (ES), Business By Design, Business One, Business Objects, Sybase, Ariba, Success Factors, Concur
HANA Database #
You can use Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) to connect the SAP HANA database of an SAP ABAP source system. Communication is done via RFC. With the ODP context for SAP HANA (HANA) the following HANA View types are available for extracting:
- Analysis Views
- Calculation Views
- Associated Attribute Views
Direct access to a HANA database without an SAP ABAP source system running on the corresponding HANA database is not supported.
Installation and Configuration on SAP #
|Component||SAP Release||Requirements on the SAP system|
|Table||Rel. above 4.6C||Installation of a custom function module is advisable.|
|Table Join||Rel. 7.0 or above||Installation of a custom function module is necessary.|
|BAPI & Function Module||Rel. above 4.6C||No special requirements. Note: Only remote-enabled functions are supported.|
|Query||Rel. above 4.6C||No special requirements.|
|Report||Rel. above 4.6C||Installation of a custom function module is necessary.|
|BW Cube & InfoProvider||Rel. above BW 3.1||No special requirements.|
|BW Query||Rel. above BW 3.1||No special requirements. Note: “Allow External Access to this Query” option is active|
|Hierarchy||Rel. above BW 3.1||No special requirements.|
|ODP||SAP_BASIS >= 730, BW >= 7,3X||No special requirements.|
|DeltaQ||Rel. above 4.6C||Customizing|
|OHS||Rel. above BW 3.5||Customizing|
For Information about the installation of the custom function modules and the SAP customizing, check the section SAP customizing.
SAP Authentication #
- SAP user authentication (user name and password)
- SAP authentication with Single Sign On (SSO) and kerberos
- SAP Logon Ticket (via SAP Ticket Issuer) is also in some products available.
- SAP system or dialog user with appropriate authority objects.
Following ports have to be opened depending on the SAP system, where nn is the instance number of the SAP system (e.g. 00 or 99).
- SAP Application Server: Port 33nn
- SAP Message Server (Load Balancing): Port 36nn
- Secure Network Communications (SNC): Port 48nn
- SAP Router: Port 3399
SAP Licenses #
Additional SAP licenses might be required for extracting data from SAP. Contact SAP to verify these requirements.
Operating Systems #
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2022
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows 8.1 (until 10.01.2023)
- Windows Server 2016 (until 12.01.2027)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (until 10.10.2023)
- Windows Server 2012 (until 10.10.2023)
Other applications and frameworks #
.NET Framework 4.7.2 or higher. Download .NET Framework from the Microsoft website.
- Minimum 4 GB.
Depending on data volume, more memory may be required.
- 50 MB total for installation
- 32-Bit and 64-Bit operating systems