The following section describes the functions of the Xtract DeltaQ component of Xtract IS.
The Xtract IS DeltaQ component allows to conduct a real delta management between the productive system and the BI/staging layer. DeltaQ extracts DataSources (OLTP) and extractors from ERP and ECC systems.
Warning! Newer component available.
DeltaQ is an old component. If possible, use the newer component ODP.
Warning! Missing Authorization To use the DeltaQ component, access to the designated authority objects (RFC) in SAP must be available. For more information, refer to the knowledge base article SAP User Rights: DeltaQ.
Tip: To get information on the basics, refer to Getting Started with Xtract IS.
How to use the Xtract DeltaQ component #
- Define a valid connection manager that connects to an SAP system, see Connection Manager.
Drag&drop the Xtract component from the SSIS toolbox into your data flow task.
- Double-click the component. The main window of the component opens.
The majority of the functions of the component can be accessed using the main window.
SAP Transactions for Working with DataSources #
- SBIW - SAP DataSources start page
- RSA3 - Extractor Checker
- RSA5 - Installing DataSources and Hierarchies from Business Content
- RSA6 - Postprocess DataSources and Hierarchies
- SM59 - Configuration of RFC Connections
- SMQS - qRFC Monitor (QOUT Scheduler): Number of Max.Conn. should be at least 10
- SM37 - Background jobs
- SM58 - Transactional RFC
- SM50 - Process overview
- SMGW - Gateway Monitor
- RSA7 - Delta Queue Maintenance
- SMQ1 - qRFC Monitor (outbound queue)
- WE02 - IDoc list
- WE20 - Partner profiles
Executing DeltaQ in Parallel #
When extracting multiple DataSources in parallel it is recommended to use separate RFC destinations, e.g., XTRACT01, XTRACT02, etc.
Parallel execution of DataSources with an identical RFC destination is possible, but not recommended.
More information on working with the Xtract DeltaQ component is provided in the following sections.