The following section gives a general introduction to working with Xtract IS using the Table component as an example. The information described in the following section is a prerequisite for all subsequent sections.
Note: An SAP Connection is a requirement for using any of Xtract IS components.
Creating an Extraction #
- Set up a Data Flow Task by dragging the dataflow component into the “Control Flow” canvas. Double-click the component to access the dataflow canvas.
- Add an SAP Connection using the Connection Manager.
- Drag & drop the Xtract Table component to the data flow task.
- Assign a Connection Manager by double-clicking the Xtract Table component.
- Double-click the Xtract Table component. The window “Extract Single and Joint SAP Tables or Views” opens.
Note: To assign a specific Connection Manager instead of assigning one automatically, follow the instructions in Assign a Connection Manager.
Look up a Table #
- In the main window of the component click [Add] to add a table. The window “Table Lookup” opens.
- In the window “Table Lookup” enter the name of the table to extract (1). Use wildcards (*) if needed.
- Click (2). Search results are displayed.
- Select a table (3) and click [OK] (4).
All relevant metadata information of the table is retrieved from SAP. The application now returns to the main window of the component.
Set Up a Table Extraction #
Set up the Table component to extract SAP tables:
- Select the columns you want to extract. By default all columns are selected. Deselect the columns you do not want to extract.
- Optional: Define a WHERE clause or a HAVING clause to filter table records. By default all data is extracted.
- Click [Load live preview] to display a live preview of the first 100 records.
- Click [OK] to save the extraction.
You can now run the extraction.