The following section gives a general introduction to working with Xtract IS using the Table component as an example. The information described in the following section is a prerequisite for all subsequent sections.
Note: An SAP Connection is a requirement for using any of Xtract IS components.
Creating an Extraction #
- Set up a Data Flow Task by dragging the dataflow component into the “Control Flow” canvas. Double-click the component to access the dataflow canvas.
- Add an SAP Connection using the Connection Manager.
- Drag & drop the Xtract Table component to the data flow task.
- Assign a Connection Manager by double-clicking the Xtract Table component.
- Double-click the Xtract Table component. The window “Extract Single and Joint SAP Tables or Views” opens.
Note: To assign a specific Connection Manager instead of assigning one automatically, follow the instructions in Assign a Connection Manager.
Look up a Table #
- Within the main window “Extract Single and Joint SAP Tables or Views” click [Add] to add a table.
The window “Table Lookup” opens.
- In the field Table name (1) enter the name of the table to extract.
- Click [Search] ( icon) (2). Search results appear in the preview window.
- Select the desired table (3) and click [OK] (4).
Tip: Wildcard such as * are supported. Make sure to place them after the name of the searched item.
The application now returns to the main window “Extract Single and Joint SAP Tables or Views”.
All relevant metadata information of the table retrieved from SAP are displayed in the subsection Fields.
|Number||Element / Description|
|1||Field selection, filtering|
|3||Conversion Routine - Conversion routines stored in the Data Dictionary for the respective fields of the table.|
|4||Preview window, result of the conversion|
Filtering table fields #
You can select either all or only individual columns for extraction. All columns are automatically selected for table extraction. Deselect the ones you don’t wish to extract.
Click the header fields to sort the columns by name or description. To search for a certain column name or description, start typing the word in the filter boxes.
Using live preview #
- Click [Load live preview] to load 100 records for preview.
- Click [OK] to confirm and save the extraction in the repository, i.e. on the server.