This section shows how to use the integration type Transaction.
Use Transaction to access, configure and parameterize SAP transactions for automation.
The SAP connection assigned to a transaction service must use an SAP dialog user.
Tip: The transaction feature offers the same functionality as the SAP GUI. Therefore knowing how to navigate the SAP GUI makes it easier to use the transaction feature.
Record Transactions #
- Create a new service of type Transaction.
- Enter a transaction code (1).
- Click [Start] to run the transaction. Content from the SAP GUI is displayed.
- Fill out the input fields as you would in the SAP GUI. Input fields can be parameterized once the transaction is recorded, see Parameterize Transactions.
- Click [Submit] (2) to enter your input.
All executed actions are logged in the section GUI Steps (3).
- Click [Save] once you finished recording.
Alternatively, click [Stop] to start parameterizing, see Parameterize Transactions.
Parameterize Transactions #
Note: All fields that need to be parameterized must be available in the transaction service as GUI Steps. To parameterize a field in a specific tap or menu, the tab or menu must be accessed when recording the transaction.
Follow the steps below to assign input and output parameters to a transaction service.
- Open the transaction service.
- In the SAP GUI section click the action you want to parameterize. The corresponding input screen opens.
- Click on the fields you want to parameterize. The window “Parameterize Element” opens.
All fields that can be parameterized are highlighted in green when hovering over them.
- Select Input to override the value when running the service. Fields that are set to Input become available as input parameters in the request body of the service.
- Select Output to return the value of this field when running the service. Fields that are set to Output become available in the response body of the service.
- Optional: Under Parameter name you can edit the name of the parameter.
- Click [OK] to confirm your input.
- Click [Save] to save your changes.
Input parameters are now accessible in the request body of the service.
Ouput parameters are now accessible in the response body of the service.
The following screenshot shows where to edit the input parameter Input_Order and where to access the output parameter Output_Weight in Swagger Inspector.