- Alteryx Designer and Server version 2018 or higher.
Supported SAP Systems and releases #
All communication with SAP is performed via the RFC protocol. All SAP ABAP based systems that provide RFC connectivity are supported. The integration occurs at SAP application server level. Therefore, the database used by the SAP system is irrelevant. SAP ABAP Systems on any database (including HANA) are supported. This means that the operating system of the SAP system is irrelevant - all operating systems are supported. SAP Systems running on Big Endian and Little Endian hardware are supported.
SAP Releases 4.6C and newer are supported. Including the following:
- SAP R/3 Version 4.6C and later
- SAP ERP / ECC 5.0 / ECC 6.0 (including all EhPs)
- SAP Business Suite 7 (CRM, SRM, SCM etc.)
- SAP Business All in One, CAR, APO, PI, IS-U etc.
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud Extended Edition (EX)
- SAP BW 3.1 and later
- SAP BW/BI 7.x
- SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP Application Server ABAP, Message Server, Router, Standalone Gateway
HANA Database #
You can use Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) to connect the SAP HANA database of an SAP ABAP source system. Communication is done via RFC. With the ODP context for SAP HANA (HANA) the following HANA View types are available for extracting:
- Analysis Views
- Calculation Views
- Associated Attribute Views
Direct access to a HANA database without an SAP ABAP source system running on the corresponding HANA database is not supported.
Not supported SAP systems #
Not supported are the SAP systems that don’t run on ABAP systems or don’t provide RFC connectivity. For example, the following systems are not supported:
- Business By Design
- Business One
- Business Objects
- Success Factors
Installation and Configuration on SAP #
|Component||SAP Release||Requirements on the SAP system|
|BAPI & Function Module||Rel. above 4.6C||No special requirements. Note: Only remote-enabled functions are supported.|
|BW Cube & InfoProvider||Rel. above BW 3.1||No special requirements.|
|BW Hierarchy||Rel. above BW 3.1||No special requirements.|
|ODP||SAP_BASIS >= 730, BW >= 7,3X||No special requirements.|
|Table||Rel. above 4.6C||Installation of a Z-module is advisable.|
For Information about the installation of the custom function modules and the SAP customizing, see section SAP customizing.
SAP Authentication #
- SAP user authentication (user name and password)
- SAP authentication with Single Sign On (SSO) and kerberos
- SAP Logon Ticket (via SAP Ticket Issuer) is also in some products available.
- SAP system or dialog user with appropriate authority objects.
Following ports have to be opened depending on the SAP system, where nn is the instance number of the SAP system (e.g. 00 or 99).
- SAP Application Server: Port 33nn
- SAP Message Server (Load Balancing): Port 36nn
- Secure Communication Network (SCN): Port 48nn
- SAP Router: Port 3399
SAP Licenses #
Additional SAP licenses might be required for extracting data from SAP. Contact SAP to verify these requirements.
Operating Systems #
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows 8.1 (until 10.01.2023)
- Windows 7 SP1 (until 14.01.2020)
- Windows Server 2016 (until 12.01.2027)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (until 10.10.2023)
- Windows Server 2012 (until 10.10.2023)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (until 14.01.2020)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 (until 14.01.2020)
Other Applications and Frameworks #
Hardware Requirements #
- Minimum: 2 Cores. 1 additional core is required for each additional parallel extraction.
- Minimum: processor: 1.4 GHz, recommended: 2.0 GHz or faster.
- Minimum: 8 GB, recommended: 12 GB for up to two parallel extractions.
4 GB dedicated memory in average for each additional parallel extraction. Check the exact storage requirements of an extraction in your scenario.
For the installation 150 MB disk space is required. When using specific destinations additional disc space may be required.
The product can be installed on 64-Bit operating systems only.