Installing an update (or a newer version) on a test environment #
To install an newer software version over an existing version, follow the steps below.
- A working test environment with a valid license and maintenance
- The test environment, which is a copy of the current production environment
- A Regular update of the software, especially for major changes and high ([H]) update recommendation
- A backup of the current installation, see the corresponding section below
- Before updating, check the Version History and release notes in the knowledgebase.
- Make any necessary preparations and changes as described in the Release Note / Version History, especially for major changes and high ([H]) update recommendation.
- You can subscribe to Theobald Software’s regular newsletter about changes in the version history and release notes via sending an email to email@example.com.
- Install the current version of the software at first on the test environment and test the new version carefully.
- Test all your existing projects.
- After a successful test, follow the steps to install the current version on the productive environment, see the corresponding section below.
- In case of an error, contact Theobald Software’s support team via firstname.lastname@example.org. You can reinstall / reuse your backup until a solution is provided.
Installing an update on a productive environment #
After sucessfull installation and test of the update version on the test environment, please follow the corresponding steps described above for the production environment. Make sure that you create a backup beforehand and make any necessary preparations and changes.
How do I install a new version? #
A newer version can be installed over the old version. It is not necessary to uninstall the previous version.
How do I create a backup? #
Just make a copy of all Alteryx workflows that use Xtract for Alteryx. In addition make a copy of the folder that contains the SAP connections. It is depending on the Alteryx Settings and can be e.g. found under %AppData%\Theobald Software\Xtract for Alteryx (in our case C:\Users[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Theobald Software\Xtract for Alteryx\Connections). A backup is also recommended if you are updating the version of your Alteryx Desktop or Server. We recommend that you create a backup at regular intervals so that you can easily switch back to the previous version if necessary or problems occur. Also note the product version that you are currently using so that you can switch back to the same version in the event of an error.