The following section describes the settings of the Xtract ODP component that can be accessed through the main component window “Define Data Source for SAP ODP”.
Operational Data Provider #
Displays the name of the source object. Look up function allows searching for objects.
To Search for a Data Object
- Within the main window of the component “Xtract ODP” navigate to Operational Data Provider and click Search (magnifying glass symbol) (1).
The window “Operational Data Provider Lookup” opens.
- In the field Name (2) enter a name of an extractor using wildcards (*), if needed.
- Select the Context (3) and type to search for an extractor.
- Click Search (magnifying glass symbol) (4) and select the extractor of your choice from the displayed list (5).
- Click [OK] (6) to confirm.
- Click [Load live preview] (7) to display a live preview of the data without executing an extraction.
Note: when the delta load is available for the source object in the SAP source system, the Delta Update option is available in the Xtract ODP component.
Additional info #
Displays the ODP provider context
Displays the type of the source object
Update Mode #
Extracts the data in full mode
Note: The Delta update option is ready for input only if the ODP provider in the SAP source system supports delta updates.
Runs a delta initialization, if no delta initialization is available for selected subscriber. Runs a delta update, if there is a delta initialization for the selected subscriber.
- On delta initialization
Checking the Extract data checkbox, allows extracting data when running a delta initialization. Leaving the checkbox unchecked runs a delta initialization without extracting data.
- Auto-sync subscription
Allows deletion of the existing subscription and creates a new subscription, if required. Each extraction has an internal ID, which is part of the subscriber. If you change the filter of an extraction after the delta initialization, the Auto-sync subscription option automatically deletes the existing subscription and creates a new one. A subscription is deleted, if the error message “Illegal change in selection parameters” returns from the SAP system.
Re-runs the last delta update
Filtering - dynamic setting of the selection filters #
Filtering options are located under subsection Fields in the main window of the component.
The number of defined filters, e.g. , is displayed in the square brackets to the left of the field name under Selections.
Choose a field under Selections and click [Edit] to define a filter.
The window “Edit selection” opens.
Within the window “Edit selection” you can add new, edit and delete existing filters.
To display more details about the subscriber process, click Show active subscriptions.
Tip: the information displayed in the “Delta Subscriptions for product” window can also be viewed in SAP transaction ODQMON.
|Queue||Technical name of all subscriptions of a specific Theobald Software Xtract product (e.g., Xtract Universal).|
|Process||Technical name of a subscription|
|R. (number of requests)||Number of executed delta requests|
|Last request||Timestamp of the last delta request|
|Created||Timestamp of the init request|
To delete a subscription, click on the dustbin icon on the right side of the window.
Edit Parameters #
- To display editing function for the parameters, depending on the product, click Edit Parameters either at the top or at the bottom of the window “Define data source for SAP ODP”.
The window “Edit Runtime Parameters” opens.
- Click [Add] (1) to define parameters which can be used as placeholders for data selections. These placeholders need to be populated with actual values at extraction runtime.
This allows you to dynamically set filters at runtime.
Tip: Parameter0..-n is the default naming for the added parameter. You can enter a name of your choice (see the given example: “p_MATNR”).
- Click on the drop-down menu (2) and assign one of the following data types to a parameter. The data types can, but don’t need to correlate to SAP data types.
- String: This data type can be used for any type of SAP selection field.
- Integer: This data type can be used for numeric SAP selection fields.
- Flag: This data type can only be used for SAP selection fields, which require an ‘X’ (true) or a blank ‘‘ (false) as input value.
- Click [OK] (3) to confirm.
- To define the parameters, choose an item in the subsection Fields and click [Edit] (4). The window “Edit Selections” opens.
- Click [Add] (5). Filtering option fields open.
- Click the icon next to the Low and High input fields (6).
If there are defined parameters, icon switches to the parameter icon.
Clicking the icons switches the option between entering actual input values and entering defined parameters.
- To check the defined parameters, click [Load live preview].
If you have assigned parameters as selection filters, you are prompted to populate the parameters with actual values.