The following section shows how to use the ODP component.
Look up for a Data Object #
- Within the main window of the component “Xtract ODP” navigate to Operational Data Provider and click [Search] (magnifying glass icon) (1).
The window “Operational Data Provider Lookup” opens.
- In the field Name (2) enter a name of an extractor using wildcards (*), if needed.
Select a Context (3). Depending on the connected SAP source system there are differences in available provider context.
ODP context SAP Source objects ABAP Core Data Services [ABAP_CDS] - CDS Views SAP NetWeaver Business Warehouse [BW] BW/4HANA:
- DSO / aDSO
- Query as InfoProvider
- Semantically partitioned objects
SAP HANA Information Views [HANA] - Analysis Views
- Calculation Views
- Associated Attribute Views
DataSources/Extractors [SAPI] - DataSources and Extractors
- Click [Search] (magnifying glass icon) (4) and select the extractor of your choice from the displayed list (5).
- Click [OK] (6) to confirm your input.
- Optional: Create selections by activating or deactivating fields (7). To add filters click the [Edit] option next to the fields. If your data source is Hierarchy, see Select Hierarchy for filter options.
- Click [Load live preview] (8) to display a live preview of the data without executing an extraction.
- Before executing an extraction, check the extraction settings.
Update Mode #
Extracts the data in full mode
Note: The Delta update option is ready for input only if the ODP provider in the SAP source system supports delta updates, see official SAP Documentation.
Runs a delta initialization, if no delta initialization is available for selected subscriber. Runs a delta update, if there is a delta initialization for the selected subscriber.
- On delta initialization
Checking the Extract data checkbox, allows extracting data when running a delta initialization. Leaving the checkbox unchecked runs a delta initialization without extracting data.
- Auto-sync subscription
Allows deletion of the existing subscription and creates a new subscription, if required. Each extraction has an internal ID, which is part of the subscriber. If you change the filter of an extraction after the delta initialization, the Auto-sync subscription option automatically deletes the existing subscription and creates a new one. A subscription is deleted, if the error message “Illegal change in selection parameters” returns from the SAP system.
Re-runs the last delta update
Selections and Filters #
Filtering options are located under subsection Fields in the main window of the component.
The number of defined filters, e.g. , is displayed in the square brackets to the left of the field name under Selections.
Choose a field under Selections and click [Edit] to define a filter.
The window “Edit selection” opens.
Within the window “Edit selection” you can add new, edit and delete existing filters.