Welcome to the Online Help of the BOARD Connector.
The BOARD Connector is a SAP Connector that makes various SAP objects available in the BOARD Server in pull mode.
Available Components #
The following overview shows, which components are available to extract data from SAP systems.
Extraction Types #
BOARD Connector offers a set of nine extraction types to cover a range of demands of SAP data extraction.
- BAPI accesses BAPIs and RFC function modules.
- BW Cube extracts data from SAP BW InfoCubes and BEx Queries.
- BW Hierarchy extracts Hierarchies from an SAP BW / BI system.
- DeltaQ extracts DataSources (OLTP) and extractors from ERP and ECC systems.
- ODP extracts data via the SAP Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) framework.
- Open Hub Services (OHS) extracts InfoSpokes and OHS destinations.
- Query extracts ERP queries. Note: not BEx queries supplied by BW Cube.
- Report extracts ABAP Reports.
- Table extracts data from SAP tables and views; allows joining several tables on the SAP side.
- Table Join - allows to join several SAP tables. The Join-process takes place entirely within the SAP system without downloading single tables.
Note: obsolete component! Use Table component instead.
|Extraction Type||ERP / ECC||BW|
Note: Further scenarios and combinations are possible.
More information on functions of BOARD Connector is provided in the following sections: