Look Up Hierarchies #
- In the main window of the component navigate to OLTP and click . The window “Look Up OLTP Source” opens.
- Enter the name of a Hierarchy in the field Name or enter the description of a Hierarchy in the field Description (1). Use wildcards ( * ), if needed.
- Click and select an extractor from the displayed list (2).
- Click [OK] to confirm your selection. The window “Look UP Hierarchy Details” opens.
- Select the Hierarchy of your choice from the displayed list.
- Click [OK] to confirm your selection.
The application now returns to the main window of the component.
Defining the DeltaQ Extraction #
After looking up a hierarchy, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to Gateway and click (1) to look up an RFC destination.
For more information, see DeltaQ Customizing.
- Navigate to Logical Destination and click (2) to look up a logical RFC target system. For more information, see DeltaQ Customizing.
- Click Customizing Check (3) to validate the DeltaQ Customizing on the SAP system.
Make sure that all check marks are green. For more information, see DeltaQ Customizing.
- Select an Update Mode, e.g., to initialize delta extractions.
- Optional: Click the [Edit] option next to an item to add filters.
- Optional: Click [Extraction Settings] to set the language of the Hierarchy, see Extraction Settings.
- Click [Run] to testrun the extraction and validate your settings.
Tip: Unlike attributes and transactions, Hierarchies do not have to be activated.
Hierarchy Output #
The output of a Hierarchy is defined by the selected Representation in the Extraction Settings.
The output of a Hierarchy can contain the following columns:
- NodeID: Unique node key.
- ParentNodeID: Key for parent node.
- FirstChildNodeID: Key for first child node.
- NextNodeID: Key for next node in the same hierarchical level.
- InfoObjectName: Name of InfoObject behind the corresponding node.
- NodeName: The node’s (technical) name.
- NodeText: The description text of the node. This column is only created when the extraction setting Fetch description texts is active.
- DateFrom: Date from which the node is valid.
- DateTo: Date the node is valid to.
- Link: If the value in Link is greater than 0, the node is a link node. The ID of the original node that was linked from is displayed.
Number of the row. The row number can be used as an ID or sort criterion when processing the extracted data.