Note: Visual Studio Express versions don’t support the LINQ to SAP Designer.
Installation of the LINQ to SAP Designer is not done automatically when installing ERPConnect.
Follow the steps below to install the LINQ to SAP add-on:
- Close Visual Studio.
- Navigate to the ERPConnect directory (
C:\Program Files\ERPConnect). The directory includes setups to install the LINQ to SAP Designer.
Start the setup that corresponds to your Visual Studio Version. The following setups are available:
- In the setup window, click [Install] to install LINQ to SAP.
- After the installation is finished, start Visual Studio.
The LINQ to ERP DataContext is now available as an item in Visual Studio.
How to Use LINQ to SAP #
Follow the steps below to add the LINQ to ERP DataContext to your project and to use the LINQ to SAP Designer:
- Right-click in the Solution Explorer and click [Add] > [New Item..] in the context menu.
The window “Add New Item” opens.
- Select LINQ to ERP from the list of available items and click [Add]. The window closes and the item is listed in the Solution Explorer.
- Double-click LINQ to ERP to open the DataContext.
Use the LINQ To ERP toolbox to drag&drop components into the context. When a component is added, the Designer opens automatically.
- Enter the connection information to your SAP system.