The following section gives an overview over the settings that can be changed for the SharePoint destination. The settings can be changed in the window “Destination Settings”.
Opening destination settings #
- In the main window of the designer choose the extraction with the destination type SharePoint.
- Click [Destination]. The window “Destination Settings” opens.
Segments of the window “Destination Settings” #
SharePoint List Name
- Same as name of SAP object: Gives the SharePoint list name, which is identical to the technical SAP object name.
- Same as name of extraction: Gives the SharePoint list name, which is identical to the extraction name.
- Custom: The SharePoint list name can be chosen freely.
- Drop, Create & Insert: Creates a new list on the SharePoint system, deleting any previous list with the same name.
- Create if not exists & Merge: Merges data with an existing list or creates a new list, if none with the specified name is found.
- Truncate & Insert: Deletes all rows in the list and fills it with the new exported data. It differs from “Drop, Create & Insert” by not deleting the list or any associated information.
- Merge only: Merges rows, without deleting rows or the list itself
- Max. threads (expert option): Sets the number of threads for communication with the SharePoint server.
Note: Increasing the thread number may increase the upload speed, depending on the server and network setup. Setting the value to 1 slows down the speed significantly, which may help with a heavy load of the SharePoint server or when connection problems occur.
Recommendation: Keep the default value (2) for Max. threads.
Column name style
Defines the style of the column name. Following options are available:
- Code: The SAP technical column name is used as column name in the destination e.g., MAKTX.
- PrefixedCode: The SAP technical column name is prefixed by SAP object name and the tilde character e.g., MAKT~MAKTX
- CodeAndText: The SAP technical column name and the SAP description separated by an underscore are used as column name in the destination e.g., MAKTX_Material Description (Short Text).
- TextAndCode: The SAP description and the SAP technical column name description separated by an underscore are used as column name in the destination e.g., Material Description (Short Text)_MAKTX.