Instead of using the Power BI Custom Connector you can use a custom Power Query M-script for connecting to Xtract Universal. This Power Query M-script is delivered in a text file named loading script. This file is located in the powerbi folder inside the installation directory of Xtract Universal.
Attention: The Power Query M-script and the Power BI Custom Connector are not related. Use Power Query M-script or the Power BI Custom Connector.
How to use the Power Query M-script in Power BI #
- Create a new Power BI report using a Blank Query as data source.
- Open the Advanced Editor.
- Open the Xtract Universal loading_script in any text editor.
- Copy the complete content into the Advanced Editor window in Power BI.
- Change the values for ExtractionName and the ServerURL to match the names of your Xtract Universal extraction and web server.
Attention: Only use extractions that are set to Power BI Connector destination in Xtract Universal.
- Close the Advanced Editor.
- Click on Close & Apply.
- When prompted for Anonymous, Basic or Windows authentication, follow the steps as outlined in Single Sign On and SAP authentication