The following steps depict the loading of the extraction into a database - Microsoft SQL Server.
To load an extraction Microsoft SQL Server destination needs to be created and defined.
Creating Microsoft SQL Server destination #
There are several ways to create a destination. This example depicts
In the main window of the designer, click [Destination] to open destination settings.
- In the window “Destination Settings” click […] (1) to manage destinations.
- Click [Add] (2) to add a new destination.
Fill in a Name, select SQLServer from the drop down list Type (3).
- In the section “Connection”, fill in the fields Server Name and Database Name.
Click [Test Connection] (4) to check the connection to the database.
- Click [OK] (5) to save the destination connection.
Loading the extraction into the Microsoft SQL Server database #
In the main window of the designer, select an extraction with any destination and click [Destination]. The window “Destination Settings” opens.
In the “Destination Settings” window, choose your created SQLServer destination from the drop down menu. You can change the extraction-specific settings, if needed. In the example, the default settings are kept:
- Click [OK] to get back to the main window of the Designer.
- Click [Run] > [run in xu.exe] The command line window opens and the successful extraction procedure ends with a message Extraction finished successfully.
To check the extraction result
Open your SQL Management Studio and check the existence of the successfully extracted table.