SQL Server #
- SQL Server 2005 (Standard, Professional or Enterprise)
- SQL Server 2008
- SQL Server 2008 R2
- SQL Server 2012
- SQL Server 2014
- SQL Server 2016
- SQL Server 2017
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- Power BI Report Server
SAP Requirements #
Supported SAP Systems and releases #
All communication with SAP is performed via the RFC protocol. All SAP ABAP based systems that provide RFC connectivity are supported. The integration occurs at SAP application server level. Therefore, the database used by the SAP system is irrelevant. SAP ABAP Systems on any database (including HANA) are supported. This means that the operating system of the SAP system is irrelevant - all operating systems are supported. SAP Systems running on Big Endian and Little Endian hardware are supported.
SAP Releases 4.6C and newer are supported. Including the following:
- SAP R/3 Version 4.6C and later
- SAP ERP / ECC 5.0 / ECC 6.0 (including all EhPs)
- SAP Business Suite 7 (CRM, SRM, SCM etc.)
- SAP Business All in One, CAR, APO, PI, IS-U etc.
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP BW 3.1 and later
- SAP BW/BI 7.x
- SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP Application Server ABAP, Message Server, Router, Standalone Gateway
HANA Database #
You can use Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) to connect the SAP HANA database of an SAP ABAP source system. Communication is performed using RFC. With the ODP context for SAP HANA (HANA) the following HANA views types are available for extracting:
- Analysis Views
- Calculation Views
- Associated Attribute Views
Direct access to a HANA database without an SAP ABAP source system running on the corresponding HANA database is not supported.
Not supported SAP systems #
Not supported are the SAP systems that don’t run on ABAP systems or don’t provide RFC connectivity. The following systems are not supported:
- Business By Design
- Business One
- Business Objects
- Success Factors
Installation and Configuration on SAP #
|Component||SAP Release||Requirements on the SAP system|
|Table||Rel. above 4.0B||For most tasks, the installation of a Z-module is necessary, but not for all.|
|Table Join||Rel. 7.0 or above||Installation of a custom function module is necessary.|
|BAPI & Function Module||Rel. above 4.0B||none. Only remote-enabled functions are supported.|
|Query||Rel. above 4.0B||none|
|Report||Rel. above 4.0B||Installation of a custom function module is necessary.|
|BW Cube & InfoProvider||Rel. above BW 3.1||none|
|BW Query||Rel. above BW 3.1||none. Set the option: “Allow External Access to this Query”|
|Hierarchy||Rel. above BW 3.1||none|
|ODP||SAP_BASIS >= 730, BW >= 7,3X||none|
|DeltaQ||Rel. above 4.6A||customizing|
|OHS||Rel. above BW 3.5||customizing|
For Information about the installation of the custom function modules and the SAP customizing, check the section SAP customizing.
SAP Authentication #
- SAP user authentication (user name and password)
- SAP authentication with Single Sign On (SSO) and kerberos
- SAP Logon Ticket (via SAP Ticket Issuer) is also in some products available.
- SAP system or dialog user with appropriate authority objects.
Following ports have to be opened depending on the SAP system, where nn is the instance number of the SAP system (e.g. 00 or 99).
- SAP Application Server: Port 33nn
- SAP Message Server (Load Balancing): Port 36nn
- Secure Communication Network (SCN): Port 48nn
- SAP Router: Port 3399
SAP Licenses #
Additional SAP licenses might be required for extracting data from SAP. Contact SAP to verify these requirements.
Operating Systems #
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows 8.1 (until 10.01.2023)
- Windows Server 2016 (until 12.01.2027)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (until 10.10.2023)
- Windows Server 2012 (until 10.10.2023)
Other Applications and Frameworks #
- Visual C++ 2005 Runtime. You can get it here.
- .NET Framework 3.0 or higher. You can get it here.
- Librfc32.dll if no SAP GUI is installed.
Hardware Requirements #
2 GB minimum, depending on data volume, more may be required.
Disk space #
For the installation 30 MB total required to install.
32/64-Bit Environment #
The product can be installed on 32-Bit and 64-Bit operating systems.