The following section describes the settings of the Xtract ODP component that can be accessed through the main component window “ODP”.
Click Show active subscriptions to display details about subscribers.
Tip: the information displayed in the “Delta Subscriptions for product” window can also be viewed in SAP transaction ODQMON.
|Queue||Technical name of all subscriptions of a specific Theobald Software Xtract product (e.g., Xtract Universal).|
|Process||Technical name of a subscription|
|R. (number of requests)||Number of executed delta requests|
|Last request||Timestamp of the last delta request|
|Created||Timestamp of the init request|
To delete a subscription, click on the dustbin icon on the right side of the window.
Edit Parameters #
Click Edit Parameters to create or edit dynamic runtime parameters.
- To display editing function for the parameters, depending on the product, click Edit Parameters either at the top or at the bottom of the window “Define data source for SAP ODP”.
The window “Edit Runtime Parameters” opens.
- Click [Add] (1) to define parameters which can be used as placeholders for data selections. These placeholders need to be populated with actual values at extraction runtime.
This allows you to dynamically set filters at runtime.
Tip: Parameter0..-n is the default naming for the added parameter. You can enter a name of your choice (see the given example: “p_MATNR”).
- Click on the drop-down menu (2) and assign one of the following data types to a parameter. The data types can, but don’t need to correlate to SAP data types.
- String: This data type can be used for any type of SAP selection field.
- Integer: This data type can be used for numeric SAP selection fields.
- Flag: This data type can only be used for SAP selection fields, which require an ‘X’ (true) or a blank ‘‘ (false) as input value.
- Click [OK] (3) to confirm.
- To use the parameters as selection criteria, choose an item in the subsection Fields and click [Edit] (4). The window “Edit Selections” opens.
- Click [Add] (5). Filtering option fields open.
- Click the icon next to the Low and High input fields (6).
If there are runtime parameters, a parameter icon is displayed next to the input fields.
Clicking the icons switches the between entering actual input values and entering parameters.
- To check the defined parameters, click [Load live preview].
If you have assigned parameters as selection filters, you are prompted to populate the parameters with actual values.
Note: Use the component’s Properties in combination with Expressions to set parameters in SSIS, see Parameterization using Properties.
Advanced Settings #
The extracted data will be split into packages of the defined size. If the package size is 0, SAP uses the default ODP Packaging size. Die default package size is 14400000 bytes.
Load the following notes into your SAP system or make sure that your SAP version already includes the notes:
- 2196500 - ODP Package size cannot be reduced below 50 MB
- 2191995 - ODQ Package Size cannot be reduced below 50 MByte