The following section gives an overview of the functions accessible from the main window of the Xtract ODP component.
Functions Overview #
The window “ODP” contains the following subsections:
- Operational Data Provider (1) - Search and display the name of the source object.
- Additional info (2) - Displays the ODP provider context and the data type of the source object.
- Update mode (3) - Defines the update mode, full or delta update.
- Fields (4) - Allows selection and setting of the filter options for extractors.
- Preview (5) - Click [Load Live Preview] to display real-time preview of the extraction data.
- Xtract IS Info - Displays general information about Xtract IS.
- Show active subscriptions - Displays details of the subscriber process.
- Edit runtime parameters - Defines runtime parameters that can be used as placeholders for data selections.
- Advanced Settings - Includes the package size for the extraction.
- [Load Live Preview] - Button to display a real-time preview of the extraction data without executing the extraction.
Update Mode #
Extracts the data in full mode
Note: The Delta update option is ready for input only if the ODP provider in the SAP source system supports delta updates.
Runs a delta initialization, if no delta initialization is available for selected subscriber. Runs a delta update, if there is a delta initialization for the selected subscriber.
- On delta initialization
Checking the Extract data checkbox, allows extracting data when running a delta initialization. Leaving the checkbox unchecked runs a delta initialization without extracting data.
- Auto-sync subscription
Allows deletion of the existing subscription and creates a new subscription, if required. Each extraction has an internal ID, which is part of the subscriber. If you change the filter of an extraction after the delta initialization, the Auto-sync subscription option automatically deletes the existing subscription and creates a new one. A subscription is deleted, if the error message “Illegal change in selection parameters” returns from the SAP system.
Re-runs the last delta update
Selections and Filters #
Filtering options are located under subsection Fields in the main window of the component.
The number of defined filters, e.g. , is displayed in the square brackets to the left of the field name under Selections.
Choose a field under Selections and click [Edit] to define a filter.
The window “Edit selection” opens.
Within the window “Edit selection” you can add new, edit and delete existing filters.