Create Extraction #
Drag the Xtract Table component to the desktop to create a new table extraction.
Under Connection, select the SAP connection you initially created and click Edit to configure a new table extraction.
Adding tables #
- Within the window “Define data source for SAP Tables” click [Add] to add a table.
The window “Table Lookup” opens.
- In the field Table name (1) enter the name of the table to extract.
- Click [Search] (magnifying glass) (2). Search results appear in the preview window.
- Select the desired table (3) and click [OK] (4).
Tip: Wildcard such as * are supported. Make sure to place them after the name of the searched item.
The application now returns to the main window “Define data source for SAP Tables”.
Columns of the table retrieved from SAP are displayed in the subsection Fields.
Filtering tables #
You can select either all or only individual columns for extraction.
All columns are automatically selected for table extraction. Deselect the ones you don’t wish to extract.
Click the header fields to sort the columns by name or description.
To search for a certain column name or description, start typing the word in the filter boxes.
Using live preview #
- Click [Load live preview] to load 100 records for preview.
- Click [OK] to confirm and save the extraction in the repository, i.e. on the server.