The following example depicts a successful BAPI extraction of a purchase requisition.
Running an Extraction #
- Define an input table (e.g., PRITEM) in your Alteryx Workflow. Make sure that the name of the table is identical to the name of the corresponding table in SAP.
- Drag and drop the Xtract BAPI component into your workflow and check the SAP connection (2).
- Connect your input table with the Xtract BAPI component (3).
- Select the Xtract BAPI component and click [Edit] to open extraction options. The window “Xtract BAPI” opens.
- Perform a BAPI look up and search for “BAPI_REQUISITION_CREATE”.
- Within the “Xtract BAPI” window, navigate to tab Tables (5).
- Navigate to the mandatory field REQUISITION_ITEMS and select the created PRITEM table from the drop-down list (6).
- Mark the output checkbox by the field Return (7). In the “Configuration” window of the Alteryx Designer, check the section Output Mappings > Output Tables. The selected output field RETURN and the amount of output tables (here: one) are displayed.
- Run your Alteryx workflow.
Checking the Extraction Results #
Navigate to the “Result” window in Alteryx Designer and check the output: