.NET Framework #
ERPConnect (without LINQ to ERP) consists of two .NET assemblies that target different frameworks:
- ERPConnect35.dll (targets .NET Framework 3.5 SP1)
- ERPConnectStandard20.dll (targets .NET Standard 2.0)
That results in the following compatibility matrix:
|.NET Framework 3.5 SP1||X|
|.NET Framework 4.0||X|
|.NET Framework 4.5||X|
|.NET Framework 4.5.1||X|
|.NET Framework 4.5.2||X|
|.NET Framework 4.6||X|
|.NET Framework 4.6.1 and newer||X||X|
|.NET Core 2.0 and newer||X||X|
|Universal Windows Platform 10.0.16299 and newer||X|
SAP Releases #
All communication with SAP is performed via the RFC protocol. That means, the integration occurs at SAP application server level. Therefore, the database used by the SAP system is irrelevant. SAP ABAP Systems on any Database (including HANA) are supported. This also means, that the operating system of the SAP system is irrelevant - all operating systems are supported. SAP Systems running on Big Endian and Little Endian hardware are supported.
SAP Releases 4.6C and newer are supported. This includes:
- SAP R/3 Version 4.6C and later
- SAP ERP / ECC 5.0 / ECC 6.0 (including all EhPs)
- SAP Business All-in-One
- SAP Business Suite 7
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP BW 3.1 and later
- SAP BW/BI 7.x
- SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP Application Server ABAP, Message Server, Router, Standalone Gateway
SAP Business One, SAP Business Objects and SAP Public Cloud Versions are not supported.
Installation of custom function modules / transport requests is not required.
Operating Systems #
- Windows 10
- Windows 11
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows 8.1 (until 10.01.2023)
- Windows Server 2016 (until 12.01.2027)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (until 10.10.2023)
- Windows Server 2012 (until 10.10.2023)
Visual Studio #
- Visual Studio 2022
- Visual Studio 2019
- Visual Studio 2017
- Visual Studio 2015 (until 14.10.2025)
- Visual Studio 2013 (until 09.04.2024)
Other Applications and Frameworks #
Netweaver RFC Library
ERPConnect supports the Netweaver RFC (SDK) as of version 4.6.0.
To use it, set the Property Protocol of the R3Connection object to ClientProtocol.NWRFC before opening the connection (default setting).
R3Connection.Protocol = ClientProtocol.NWRFC;
For 64-Bit environments the following DLLs are required:
- ERPConnect35.dll or ERPConnectStandard20.dll
XX can vary depending on the version of the NW RRC Libraries.
The ERPConnect*.dll is delivered with ERPConnect. The other DLLs can be downloaded from the SAP web site.
- 2 GB or more recommended (depends on actual use case)
Disk Space #
- About 50 MB disk space are required for a full installation.
32/64-Bit Environment #
- Both x86 and x64 platforms are supported.
Copy the 64-bit version of librfc32.dll to the
Copy the 32-Bit Version of librfc32.dll to the
Warning! ERPConnect.ERPException: Cannot access librfc32.dll.
To use ERPConnect in 64-Bit mode, you need a 64-Bit version of the SAP library librfc32.dll. Copy the 64-bit version of librfc32.dll to the direcory
To use ERPConnect in 32-Bit mode, copy the 32-Bit version of the librfc32.dll to the directory
Security Settings #
- For logging on to SAP, a system or dialog user with appropriate authority objects is required.
- Plain authentication (user/password), Secure Network Communications (SNC) with and without Single Sign-On (SSO) and SAP Logon Tickets (MYSAPSSO2) are supported.
Network Settings #
Ports need to be opened depending on the SAP System connection technique. Details can be found in the knowledge base article How to check the accessibility to a SAP System.