ERPConnect (without LINQ to ERP) consists of three .NET assemblies, that target different frameworks:
- ERPConnect35.dll (targets .NET Framework 3.5 SP1)
- ERPConnect45.dll (targets .NET Framework 4.5.2)
- ERPConnectStandard20.dll (targets .NET Standard 2.0)
That results in the following compatibility matrix:
|.NET Framework 3.5 SP1||X|
|.NET Framework 4.0||X|
|.NET Framework 4.5||X|
|.NET Framework 4.5.1||X|
|.NET Framework 4.5.2||X||X|
|.NET Framework 4.6||X||X|
|.NET Framework 4.6.1 and newer||X||X||X|
|.NET Core 2.0 and newer||X||X||X|
|Universal Windows Platform 10.0.16299 and newer||X|
All communication with SAP is performed via the RFC protocol. That means, the integration occurs at SAP application server level. Therefore, the database used by the SAP system is irrelevant. SAP ABAP Systems on any Database (including HANA) are supported. This also means, that the operating system of the SAP system is irrelevant - all operating systems are supported. SAP Systems running on Big Endian and Little Endian hardware are supported.
SAP Releases 4.6C and newer are supported. This includes:
- SAP R/3 Version 4.6C and later
- SAP ERP / ECC 5.0 / ECC 6.0 (including all EhPs)
- SAP Business All-in-One
- SAP Business Suite 7
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP BW 3.1 and later
- SAP BW/BI 7.x
- SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP Application Server ABAP, Message Server, Router, Standalone Gateway
SAP Business One and SAP Business Objects are not supported.
Installation of custom function modules / transport requests is not required.
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows 8.1 (until 10.01.2023)
- Windows 7 SP1 (until 14.01.2020)
- Windows Server 2016 (until 12.01.2027)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (until 10.10.2023)
- Windows Server 2012 (until 10.10.2023)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (until 14.01.2020)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 (until 14.01.2020)
- Visual Studio 2017
- Visual Studio 2015 (until 14.10.2025)
- Visual Studio 2013 (until 09.04.2024)
- Visual Studio 2012 Update 5 (until 10.01.2023)
Visual Studio 2010 (until 14.07.2020)
- Caution: Visual Studio Express versions don’t support the LINQ to ERP Designer.
Other Applications and Frameworks
- 2 GB or more recommended (depends on actual use case)
- About 12 MB disk space are required for a full installation.
- Both x86 and x64 platforms are supported.
- For logging on to SAP, a system or dialog user with appropriate authority objects is required.
- Plain authentication (user/password), Secure Network Communications (SNC) with and without Single Sign-On (SSO) and SAP Logon Tickets (MYSAPSSO2) are supported.
Ports need to be opened depending on the technique how the connection to an SAP System is made. Details can be found here.