The following section shows how to use the Query component.
Look up a Query #
- In the main window of the component click .
The window “Query Lookup” opens.
- Enter the name of a query in the field Query Name or enter the name of a user group in the field User group (1). Use wildcards (*) if needed.
- Select the query work area that contains the query object (2). For more information, see SAP Documentation: Query Areas.
- Click and select the preferred query from the displayed list (2).
- Click [OK] to confirm your selection.
The application now returns to the main window of the component.
Define a Query Extraction #
Look up a query and follow the steps below to set up a query extraction:
- If the query has variants, select a variant in the Variant section of the main window.
For more information, see Variants and Selections: Choose a Variant.
- Optional: Edit selections in the Selection Screen section of the main window. For more information, see Variants and Selections: Edit Selections.
- Optional: Change the Extraction Settings.
- Click [OK] to save the extraction.