Supported SAP Systems and Releases
All communication with SAP is performed via the RFC protocol. All SAP ABAP based systems, that provides RFC Connectivity are supported. The integration occurs at SAP application server level. Therefore, the database used by the SAP system is irrelevant. SAP ABAP Systems on any Database (including HANA) are supported. This also means, that the operating system of the SAP system is irrelevant - all operating systems are supported. SAP Systems running on Big Endian and Little Endian hardware are supported.
SAP Releases 4.6C and newer are supported.
- SAP R/3 Version 4.6C and later
- SAP ERP / ECC 5.0 / ECC 6.0 (including all EhPs)
- SAP Business Suite 7 (CRM, SRM, SCM etc.)
- SAP Business All in One, CAR, APO, PI, IS-U etc.
- SAP S/4HANA
- SAP BW 3.1 and later
- SAP BW/BI 7.x
- SAP BW/4HANA
- SAP Application Server ABAP, Message Server, Router, Standalone Gateway
You can use Operational Data Provisioning (ODP) to connect the SAP HANA database of an SAP ABAP source system. Communication is performed using RFC. With the ODP context for SAP HANA (HANA) the followings HANA views types are availble for extraction:
- Analysis Views
- Calculation Views and
- Associated Attribute Views
Direct Access to a HANA Database without an SAP ABAP source system running on it is not supported.
Not Supported SAP Systems
Not supported are the SAP systems, that don’t run on ABAP systems or don’t provide RFC Connectivity like:
- Business By Design
- Business One
- Business Objects
- Success Factors
Installation and Configuration on SAP
|Component||SAP Release||Requirements on the SAP system|
|Table||Rel. above 4.0B||For most tasks, the installation of a Z-module is necessary, but not for all.|
|Table Join||Rel. 7.0 or above||Installation of a custom function module is necessary.|
|BAPI & Function Module||Rel. above 4.0B||none. Only remote-enabled functions are supported.|
|Query||Rel. above 4.0B||none|
|Report||Rel. above 4.0B||Installation of a custom function module is necessary.|
|BW Cube & InfoProvider||Rel. above BW 3.1||none|
|BW Query||Rel. above BW 3.1||none. Set the option: “Allow External Access to this Query”|
|Hierarchy||Rel. above BW 3.1||none|
|ODP||SAP_BASIS >= 730, BW >= 7,3X||none|
|DeltaQ||Rel. above 4.6A||customizing|
|OHS||Rel. above BW 3.5||customizing|
For Information about the Installation of the custom function modules and the SAP customizing please check the section SAP Customizing.
- SAP user authentication (user name and password)
- SAP authentication with Single Sign On (SSO) and kerberos
- SAP Logon Ticket (via SAP Ticket Issuer) is also in some products available.
- SAP system or dialog user with appropriate authority objects.
Following ports have to be opened depending on the SAP system, where nn is the instance number of the SAP system (e.g. 00 or 99).
- SAP Application Server: Port 33nn
- SAP Message Server (Load Balancing): Port 36nn
- Secure Communication Network (SCN): Port 48nn
- SAP Router: Port 3399
Additional SAP licenses might be required for extracting data from SAP. Contact SAP to verify these requirements.
- Windows 10
- Windows Server 2019
- Windows 8.1 (until 10.01.2023)
- Windows 7 SP1 (until 14.01.2020)
- Windows Server 2016 (until 12.01.2027)
- Windows Server 2012 R2 (until 10.10.2023)
- Windows Server 2012 (until 10.10.2023)
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (until 14.01.2020)
- Windows Server 2008 SP2 (until 14.01.2020)
Other Applications and Frameworks
- .NET Framework 4.6.1 or higher. You can get it here
Minimum: 2 Cores. 1 additional core is required for each additional parallel extraction.
Minimum: Processor: 1.4 GHz, Recommended: 2.0 GHz or faster
Minimum: 8 GB, Recommended: 12 GB or more.
Memory consumption depends on many factors including component type, number of columns and number of rows in each data package (i.e. package size).
The BW Cube component needs more memory for extracting BW data than e.g. the Table component.
For the installation 150 MB disk space is required.
- The product can be installed on 64-Bit operating systems only.