The following section shows how to use the DeltaQ component.
Look Up Extractors #
- Click [Search] (binoculars icon) in the main window of the component. The window “Look Up OLTP Source” opens.
- Enter a name or description of a DataSource (1). Use wildcards ( * ), if needed.
- Click [Search] (magnifying glass icon) (2) and select the extractor of your choice from the displayed list (3). The following example shows the download of material master data from the DataSource 0MATERIAL_ATTR.
- Click [OK] (4) to confirm your selection.
The application now returns to the main window of the component.
Note: To find DataSources, they have to be activated in SAP, see Activating DataSources in the SAP OLTP System.
Defining a DeltaQ Extraction #
After selecting an Extractor, follow the steps below:
- Choose an Update Mode (5).
Full Update requests all data that meets the selection criteria you set. To get a real Delta procedure running, Delta first has to be initialized, see Delta.
For more information on available update modes, see Update Mode.
- Check the boxes of the columns you want to extract (6).
- Optional: If applicable, add filters in the Selection column to filter your data (7). For more information on filtering, see Datasource Parameters.
- Validate your settings by running a test extraction.
- If the validation finished without errors klick on [Activate] to activate this extraction in SAP.
After successful activation, the corresponding status messages appear in the course of a few seconds:
Note: The activation must only be done for Delta, Full or Init modes. Don’t make any activation for the Delta Update mode. Delete the old activation before starting a new one.
Variables can be used for the following settings:
- Log. Destination,
- Gateway Host,
- Gateway Service,
- Program ID.
Update Mode and Selection filters can be controlled via a variable too, see Update Mode and Datasource Parameters.